Terms + Conditions
Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name
appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following
Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.
By completing your booking procedure you agree:
- To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or
website, unless by prior consent
2. To pay a deposit on booking, with the balance payable a month before the start of the holiday.
If a booking is made less than a month before the start of the holiday the full rent is payable at the
time of booking. Failure to pay any rental charges will result in the owner treating the property as
available for re-letting
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any
subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at
the full rate, a full refund, less a discretionary administration fee, will be made. If re-let at a lesser
rate a partial refund will be made pro rata. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard
against cancellation charges or other unforeseen eventualities cancellation insurance should be
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any
cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To keep any pets, where permitted, under strict control at all times and to accept liability for
any damage caused. Pets must be house-trained and must not be left alone at any time in or near
the accommodation. Animal hairs must be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto
the furniture. Any fouling in the grounds should be cleared.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation
is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the
Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on
the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any
8. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to
refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a
nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any member of the party
may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the
property when absent or sleeping.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during your stay and to leave the property
clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk.
Electricity and heating should be run at the minimum level required, particularly when not present
at the property.
12. To pay for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to
accept the owner’s discretionary charge of £50 for extra cleaning if the property has been left
13. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the
14. The Woodland Cabins are set within natural woodland. Woodland fires are frequent and very dangerous. Guests must not set fires or barbecues or cut or damage trees and plants. Guests should keep the environment around the cabins free from litter.
15. To leave the property by 10.00 am on the final day of the let, unless otherwise agreed with
the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge. Guest arrival
time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards.
16. All House in the Wood properties are strictly no smoking.
17. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and
paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement
confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
18. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
Inventory of Cabin Contents
Each chalet is equipped with these contents as minimum
Electric oven with grill pan
Frying Pan, 3 saucepans, colander,
2 Cooking knives, 2 kitchen spoons, spatula, tin opener, bottle opener, 6 dinner plates, 6 side plates, 6 bowls, 6 mugs,
6 knives, 6 forks, 6 dessert spoons, 6 teaspoons, 2 serving spoons
Teapot, Cafetiere,Water Jug,
6 tumblers, 6 tall glasses, 6 wineglasses
2 plastic chopping boards
General waste bin, Recycling waste bin, bottle bin
2 dining chairs stools
fixed built in dining bench
Corner Bed settee
2 stool/coffee tables
1 highbacked chair
lidded waste bin
toilet brush and toilet roll stand
wall mounted electric towel rail
floor sweeping brush
dustpan and brush
Double beds with mattress and mattress covers 4 pillows
2x table lamp
2 x small 3 drawer chest
2 single beds with mattress and mattress covers 4 pillows
2 single duvets
chest of drawers